Saturday 24 May 2008

Sir Roden Cutler Wheelchair Roll

Yesterday I heard car horns in the street below, looked out the office window and saw something unusual - one side of the roadway had been cleared to allow a parade of wheelchairs. The banner at the front (which I glimpsed but could not photograph) said it was the Sir Roden Cutler Wheelchair Roll which it turn out it an event held annually by the Sir Roden Cutler charities to celebrate Sir Roden Cutler Day. Sir Roden was New South Wales' longest serving Governor and a war hero, having been awarded the Victoria Cross for bravery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I am right, Cutler lost his leg in the action that resulted in his winning the VC.

Ann said...

I believe he did, I assumed that was the connection with wheelchairs, although he didn't use one. He had an artificial leg, I think.

Anonymous said...

منتديات مصر اليوم
مصر اليوم
اخبار مصر اليوم
اخبار مصر صور نكت مصرية اغانى قنوات و ترددات اخبار الرياضة المصرية مشاهدة مباريات بث مباشر اسعار السيارات