Saturday 4 February 2012

Weekend Reflections


Cyril's Fine Foods, ususally referred to as Cyril's Deli or just Cyril's, has been a fixture in Hay Street for as long as I can remember (and a lot longer than that). Its a traditional European Deli which first opened at a time when Australians weren't into that "foreign food" and it would have been very exotic. I used to call in there for a fresh bread roll with ham, salami, cheese and pickles when I used to work around the corner.


Cyril is still going strong and offering old fashioned service to his very loyal customers, many of whom would come for a reminder of their birthplace.



For more reflections visit James' Weekend Reflections.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Oh my Ann! This is my type of shop .... I would love it there .... Sadly these types of establishments are few and far between now-a-days.

Lesley said...

Seeing an old world deli that still puts small goods out on the street is very warming to my heart!

Julie said...

Hey! I know where that is ... the tram goes past it ... I have photographed that old building ...

Jim said...

That is a legendary shop.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

So fantastic that it has managed to survive all this time, must be good!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice photo.

Regards and best wishes